1 cup thick mango pulp/ puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup custard powder ( vanilla flavour)
2 cups water
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
3-4 tbsp ghee
- In a bowl, add custard powder and water and mix well.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add mango puree, sugar and custard powder mixture and mix well using a whisk without any lumps.
- Switch on the flame and stir continuously at medium flame.
- When it starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and 1 tbsp ghee and stir continuously for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped cashew nuts and stir well. Add 1 tbsp ghee and keep stirring till it thickens.
- Now add 1/2 pinch of salt and 1 tbsp ghee and stir well.
- When it separates from the pan, add 1 more tbsp of ghee and stir well.
- Then transfer to a greased steel plate/ glass dish and level / flatten smoothly with a spoon.
- Allow it to cool till it set and then cut into desired size pieces and serve…