1 1/2 cups rice flour
1 cup grated coconut , or as required
1-2 tsp ghee
a pinch of cardamom powder (optional)
salt to taste
boiling water, as required
- Boil water in a pan with enough salt. Add the required amount of boiling water little by little to the rice flour and mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula.
- When it is warm enough to handle, knead it with your hands until the dough becomes soft. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, take grated coconut mixed with 1-2 tsp of ghee and a pinch of cardamom powder as a filling and keep it aside.
- Make medium sized balls out of the prepared dough. Take one ball and flatten it with your palm.
- Place 1 tbsp of coconut filling in the center and carefully seal the edges and make a smooth ball.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough and coconut.
- Place the rice balls in the steamer and steam cook for 12-15 minutes.. Serve it with any spicy curry of your choice…