1/2 cup boondi, homemade or store bought
1 cup warm water
1 cup yogurt
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
For Boondi :
1 1/2 cup gram flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
oil, for frying
- In a bowl, take 1 cup of warm water and add boondi and soak it for 10 minutes.
- Then drain the water and gently squeeze the water from boondi and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add yogurt and whisk well until smooth.
- Then add cumin powder, chilli powder, coriander leaves and salt and mix well until well combined with yogurt.
- Then add in boondi and mix well. Check and adjust the taste.
- Garnish raita with little chilli powder, 1-2 tbsp boondi and 1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves..,Serve with pulao, biriyani etc…
- You can also add 1/4 tsp chaat masala…
Preparation of boondi:
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve 1 1/2 cup gram flour and 1/4 tsp salt. Add 1 cup of water and whisk the batter until it turns smooth. Then add 1 tbsp oil and whisk for another 2 minutes and prepare a smooth flowing consistency batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently pour little batter over a perforated ladle/ slotted spatula held on top of the hot oil . The batter will then drop into the oil in the form of small circular droplets.
- Fry it in batches at medium flame till golden colour and crispy. Remove them from the oil and drain them on a paper towel.