1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
60 gm butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Whisk together plain flour and baking powder in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, cream together butter with the sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg to this and mix well using whisk. Then add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips (reserve some chocolate chips for topping).
- Grease an oven safe / cast iron skillet or pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Transfer the dough and spread it in the skillet and sprinkle reserved chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the skillet cookie for 20-25 minutes until the centre is cooked.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream…