1/2 kg sardines/ mathi, cleaned
8 garlic cloves
1 piece ginger
2 green chillies
3 gambooje/ kudampuli pieces
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak kudampuli in hot water and keep it aside.
- Crush garlic cloves, ginger, shallots and green chillies together.
- In a clay pot / pan, add crushed mixture, kashmiri chilli powder, soaked kudampuli, curry leaves and salt.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix well. Adjust salt and spice level.
- Add cleaned sardines and mix well and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk, swirl the pan and cook. When it boils, swirl the pan and cook covered at low flame for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Add few curry leaves crushed with hand and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Serve hot…