250 gm chicken with bones
3-4 garlic cloves
1 tsp pepper corns
1 small carrot, chopped
2-3 small celery pieces
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
2 cups water
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup milk
4 tbsp fresh cream
3/4-1 tsp crushed pepper
- Cook the chicken pieces with pepper corns, garlic, chopped carrot, celery pieces, bay leaf and salt adding about 2 cups of water till done.
- Switch off the flame and remove the chicken from the stock and keep it aside to cool. Then shred the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the chicken stock and plain flour and mix well at low flame without any lumps.
- Add shredded chicken into this and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down and then blend well using a blender until smooth (remove bay leaf while blending ).
- Transfer this to a pan and add milk and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add fresh cream and mix well.
- Add crushed pepper and mix well. Adjust salt and remove from the flame.
- Serve hot in serving bowls garnished with some celery or shredded carrot or fresh cream…