500 gm chicken
3 big onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
4-5 green chillies
1 carrot chopped into small pieces
4-5 small pieces of cinnamon
7 whole black pepper
1 3/4 -2 cup thin coconut milk
1 cup thick coconut milk
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add ginger and garlic and fry it till the raw smell disappear.
- Now add onion and saute it for few minutes. When it becomes soft, add green chillies,carrot, cloves,cardamon,cinnamon,whole pepper and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add chicken , salt and mix well
- Then, pour thin coconut milk, mix well and pressure cook until done.
- Now open the cooker and add thick coconut milk, garam masala, pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves and simmer for few minutes. Adjust salt. When it is about to boil,switch off and serve hot with appam , idiyappam ,ghee rice etc…
Delicious stew with appams,yummy !!
Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)