2 cup rice flour (used store-bought idiyappam rice flour )
water as required
oil for greasing
- Boil water in a pan with enough salt.
- Pour the required amount of boiling water to the rice flour and mix thoroughly with continuous stirring.
- Then knead it with your hands until the dough becomes soft.
- Grease the idiyappam maker/press and idli plates with little oil to prevent sticking.
- Then fill a small portion of dough into the idiyappam maker and rotate/press gently into the greased idli plates.
- Now place the idli plates in a steamer and steam cook it until done. Serve with any curries or sweetened coconut milk.