Here, I would like to share a recipe which I have tried frequently over last couple of years. I got this Chemmeen Muringa Curry recipe from one of my dear friend’s blog. She is a true inspiration for my cooking experiments. I have been a regular visitor of her blog right from the beginning. Thank You Shaby for being a good friend…
250 gms large prawns/ Chemmeen
2 drumsticks/ muringa , cut into small pieces
3 small tomatoes, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 slit green chillies
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
- Grind grated coconut with fennel seeds and 1 cup of water. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, splutter mustard seeds and then add curry leaves.
- Add onions, tomatoes, green chillies and salt , cover and cook until onion turns translucent and cooked and tomatoes go soft.
- Then add kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and prawns and mix well for few minutes until the prawns are well coated in spices.
- Add the drumsticks and about 1 1/2 cup water into this. Cover and cook until the prawns and drumsticks are cooked well.
- When they are cooked, add the ground coconut and boil for a minute. Switch off and serve hot.