1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
4 onions, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 green chillies, slit
4 big garlic cloves, crushed
1 piece ginger, crushed
2 tbsp chilli powder
3-4 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2- 1 tsp garam masala
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pan, add onions and saute till transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for few minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Make a paste of chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder with little water and add this paste to the cooker/ pan adding enough water.
- Add chicken pieces ,garam masala and salt, mix well and cook till done.
- Roast grated coconut and fennel seeds, add sliced shallots and grind to a paste.
- Add this to the cooked chicken , mix well and boil for few minutes. Serve hot…