1 cup toor dal/ chana dal ( I used 3/4 cup toor dal and 1/4 cup chana dal)
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp red chiili powder (optional)
a pinch of asafoetida powder
- Soak the dal in water for 3 hours. Wash and drain it.
- Grind it to coarse paste in a mixie/ grinder without adding water. Don’t grind to a fine paste.
- Add the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, red chilli powder, asafoetida and salt to the dal mixture and mix well.
- Make small balls of this mixture and flatten them.
- Deep fry it in oil till it turns golden brown. Serve hot….
I received the Top Contributor Award from Julie for Kerala Kitchen Event. I am very happy for that. Julie, thank you very much for the award. I really appreciate that..