Panchkuti Dal is a mix of 5 different dals – toor dal, masoor dal, chana dal, moong dal and urad dal.
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine
1 tbsp urad dal / uzhunnu
1 tbsp masoor dal (split red lenthil)
1 tbsp toor dal
1 tbsp chana dal/ kadala parippu
1 tbsp moong dal / cherupayar parippu
small piece cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprigs curry leaves
4 dry red chillies
3 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tsp finely chopped ginger
2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp oil
- Wash all the dals and soak for 1 hour. Pressure cook it adding 4-5 cups of water and little salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon and fry until they begin to crackle.
- Add the curry leaves, dry red chillies, green chillies, ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garam masala, cooked dals, lemon juice and salt , mix well and boil for 8- 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…
- I added little chilli powder and turmeric powder in this recipe..