2 cups raw rice/ pachari
1 1/2 cups grated coconut
1 large onion
1 1/2-2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2-1 cup rice flour (if needed)
oil for frying
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind it along with less amount of water (about 1/2 cup) to a coarse mixture.
- Crush grated coconut, fennel seeds and onions together. Add this to the mixture and mix well.
- Add salt and enough rice powder ( if it is watery) and knead it to make a dough.
- Make small balls from this and pat them into thick discs in a plastic sheet.
- Heat oil in a pan, slide the neypathal into the oil and deep fry until they puff up and turns golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with chicken curry or any non-veg curry…
Sending to Ramadan Friendly Recipes by The Halal Foodie