1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tsp poppy seeds
2 onions, sliced
1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Marinate chicken pieces with chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala, yoghurt, coriander powder and salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Grind grated coconut with cashew nuts, coriander leaves and poppy seeds adding little water to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger- garlic paste and saute well.
- Add marinated chicken along with its masala, cover and cook in low flame till done.
- Add ground coconut paste,mix well and cook for few minutes..Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine