Recipe Source: Kitchen Corner- Try It
1 cup kadala/ Black chickpeas
1 medium onion
1 medium tomato
2 green chillies
1- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 cup grated coconut
4 dry red chillies
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
few coconut slices
1/2 tsp garam masala
- Soak chickpeas for 5-6 hours or overnight and pressure cook it with green chillies, half of sliced onion ,salt adding enough water.
- In a pan, dry roast the grated coconut, dry red chillies, coriander seeds and turmeric powder till light brown. Grind it to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another pan, add coconut slices and saute till golden brown. Add sliced onion and saute till light brown.
- Add ginger- garlic paste and curry leaves and saute for one more minute. Add chopped tomatoes and stir until it is cooked.
- When oil separates, add cooked chickpeas and ground coconut paste and mix well. Add garam masala and cook for few minutes till the gravy thickens..Serve with puttu, appam etc..