5 crabs, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 large tomato, chopped
2 slit green chillies
1″ piece ginger, finely chopped
tamarind (half lemon size)
3 sprigs curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4 shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 sprig curry leaves
- Clean and cut crabs into pieces. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add grated coconut along with shallots and curry leaves and dry roast till brown. Switch off and add coriander powder and garam masala and mix well. Grind it to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a clay pot or pan, add tomato, green chillies, ginger chopped, chilly powder, turmeric powder and tamarind extract or water.
- Add cleaned crab pieces and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add ground coconut mixture and 1 1/2 cup water and mix well. Check salt and allow it to boil.
- Cook it for about 5 minutes on medium flame or till the gravy thickens. Remove from flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped shallots ,garlic and curry leaves, stir well and add this seasoning to the curry. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot….
Recipe Source: Grihalakshmi
Finer licking bowl of crab gravy:)
Taste of Saras Kitchen
That sounds too yum…Wish to grab few crab legs and have a bite 🙂
Spiced Milk / Masala Paal
Inviting You To Join In The South Vs North Challenge – Learn Regional Indian Recipes
Looks yummy.. never cooked crab at home..
Yummy crab curry
superb looks… will you pass it to me…
Njandu curry adipoli.
wow..delicious njandu curry!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Oregano OR Paprika @ Foodomania
Love crab curry,tempting
Luce muy tentador todo con curry me encanta,abrazos hugs,hugs.
Yummy and delectable crab curry dear.
deliciously done looks wonderful