1 1/4 cup plain flour/ all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (125 gm) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup milk
1/2- 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
50 gm butter, softened
1-1 1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking powder and salt together and keep it aside.
- Beat eggs in another bowl and add milk and vanilla essence and beat till it becomes very fluffy and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and mix well till sugar is dissolved and the mixture is creamy.
- Mix in the egg- milk mixture little by little to the butter mixture (step 3 to step 4) and then add the flour mixture (step 2) and stir well until it becomes smooth . Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- To make icing, cream the butter with an electric mixer for about 2-3 minutes. Using low speed , mix in the icing sugar, milk and vanilla essence and beat until creamy and fluffy.
- Pipe or swirl the icing onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with coloured sugar or sprinkles…