2 brinjals ( 2 1/2 cups) ,chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
- Wash and chop brinjals into small pieces.
- Crush grated coconut, green chillies, shallots, garlic, cumin seeds and turmeric powder together adding 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, curry leaves and urad dal and when urad dal turns light brown, add crushed coconut mixture and salt. Fry for few minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped brinjal pieces and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame, stir in between.
- Then cook uncovered till all the water dries up and is fully cooked …Serve with rice..
Recipe Source: Jisha’s Kitchen