2 cup basmati rice
2 tbsp butter
2 pieces cinnamon
1 tsp whole pepper
1/4- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1- 2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup capsicum, chopped into small pieces (2 medium)
3 1/2 cups boiled water
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan and add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and saute well.
- Add drained rice and fry for 5-6 minutes in medium flame. Add whole pepper and mix well.
- Then add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add boiled water and salt, lower the heat and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum and stir well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes in low flame..Serve hot..
Healthy and quick one pot meal…looks delicious too
Wow ! Delicious and inviting…
Really Looks healthy and delicious..
Thanks for linking this recipe to my event.
Participate in My First Event – Feast of Sacrifice Event
so easy and yum..love your plate.
Delicious and flavorful rice..
easy and flavorful..
a flavorful rice..yummy
Super Yummy Recipes
Easy and yummy lunch box menu. nicely done too
healthy,flavorful yummy rice!
looks absolutely inviting and tempting.. very delicious recipe dear..
looks delicious and inviting!!
Fantastic capsicum rice. Yummy and very comforting dear.
Simple and delicious
Delicious rice preparation…
Super flavourful rice, inviting.
Yummy healthy rice..loved it!
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving
Flavorful meal.. perfect for get together..
Delicious and healthy capsicum rice Love it.
Delicious one pot meal.. Very inviting.
Divya's Culinary Journey
Flavorful rice..Nice presentation too.
Thank you dear friends for your comments..
The pure basmati rice dish looks very yummy! I'm going to try cooking it, but I guess it won't be that beautiful!
This long grain basmati rice dish looks amazingly delicious! I love quick and easy recipe and I'm going to post about "Rice Dishes" very soon, I'll add this recipe to my collection, thanks for sharing:)