2 cup basmati rice
2 tbsp butter
2 pieces cinnamon
1 tsp whole pepper
1/4- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1- 2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup capsicum, chopped into small pieces (2 medium)
3 1/2 cups boiled water
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan and add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and saute well.
- Add drained rice and fry for 5-6 minutes in medium flame. Add whole pepper and mix well.
- Then add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add boiled water and salt, lower the heat and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum and stir well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes in low flame..Serve hot..