2 cup parboiled rice/ ponni rice
1 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tsp fennel seeds
3/4-1 cup rice flour
For Fish Masala:
1/2 kg fish, cut into pieces
3 medium onions, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2-3 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1-2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
coriander leaves, chopped
Plantain leaf/ Parchment paper
- Soak rice in water for 7-8 hours and grind it along with grated coconut, 2 tbsp chopped onion, fennel seeds and salt adding very little water to a thick paste.
- Add the rice flour, if needed and knead well to a smooth dough and keep it aside.
- Make a paste of 2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and marinate the fish pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish. Remove bones from fish and break it into pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same oil,add sliced onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger paste and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato, curry leaves and coriander leaves and saute well. Add 3/4- 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- Add fried fish pieces and mix well. Adjust spice level to your taste and check salt..Remove from flame..
8. Cut plantain leaves into square shapes. Take small portions of dough and make ball out of it . Place it in a plantain leaf and flatten it into a pathiri…
9. Place the fish masala filling in the centre..
10. Make similar pathiri in another plantain leaf and place this on the masala filled pathiri and press down the edges using fingers to seal both the pathiris together..
11. Repeat the same procedure with remaining dough and fish masala. Place it in a steamer and steam cook till done..
Sending this recipe to My Healthy Happy Kitchen, Feast of Sacrifice Event
Priya’s Healthy Diet- Steamed Foods @ Cookbook jaleela
Nice Stuffed steamed fish pathiri looks yuumy .
thanks for sending to Stem food event
Yummy fish pancake…Banana leaf will give a nice aroma…..
filling and delicious..
yummy yummy….love this!!
Very nice and looks yum
lovely presentation with great flavors..
looks mouthwatering…just delicious!
This is something new to me.. Looks delicious..
Divya's Culinary Journey
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving
Wow! Thank you so much for linking this traditional unique recipe to my event..
Wow,such a droolworthy pathiri..
wow… meen pathiri looks delicious… mouth watering..
this is new for me….looks so delicious…
simply mouth-watering friend:)
mouthwatering fish stuffed pancakes…yummy
looks innovative n delicious..
happy to follow u..
would be glad if u follow back 🙂