2 cup parboiled rice/ ponni rice
1 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tsp fennel seeds
3/4-1 cup rice flour
For Fish Masala:
1/2 kg fish, cut into pieces
3 medium onions, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2-3 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1-2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
coriander leaves, chopped
Plantain leaf/ Parchment paper
- Soak rice in water for 7-8 hours and grind it along with grated coconut, 2 tbsp chopped onion, fennel seeds and salt adding very little water to a thick paste.
- Add the rice flour, if needed and knead well to a smooth dough and keep it aside.
- Make a paste of 2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and marinate the fish pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish. Remove bones from fish and break it into pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same oil,add sliced onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger paste and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato, curry leaves and coriander leaves and saute well. Add 3/4- 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- Add fried fish pieces and mix well. Adjust spice level to your taste and check salt..Remove from flame..