1 1/2 cup potato, chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup carrot, chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup long beans, chopped lengthwise
1 cup grated coconut
3 medium green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp crushed pepper powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 cups of water
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
- Grind grated coconut adding green chillies and 1/4 tsp fennel seeds into a mixture and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp fennel seeds. Add curry leaves and saute it.
- Add chopped potatoes, carrots and long beans and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add crushed pepper powder and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, mix and saute well for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Then add water and salt and cook covered for few minutes. When it is cooked almost 3/4th, add ground mixture and stir well for about 5 minutes. Check salt.
- Heat oil in another pan, splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies.
- Lower the heat and add curry leaves, a pinch of turmeric powder and chilli powder, stir well and pour this over the curry… Serve hot…