Meen Mulakittathu is a spicy fish curry usually served with mashed tapioca or steamed rice.This curry tastes best the day after it is prepared..I used mullet fish for preparing this curry, you can use any firm fish..
1/2 kg fish, cleaned and cut into pieces
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
12-15 whole dried kasmiri chillies/ piriyan mulaku
15 shallots, sliced (1/2 cup)
2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, slit
2 small piece kudampuli/ gambooge
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups water
a pinch of fenugreek powder
2 tbsp oil
- Grind dried kashmiri chillies and tomatoes together to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a clay pot(manchatti) or pan and add chopped ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves and saute. Add sliced shallots and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add ground paste and turmeric powder and saute well till oil separates from the sides.
- Add cleaned fish pieces and mix well. Add 2 cups of water, salt and gambooge/kudampuli and bring to boil.
- Reduce the fire to lower flame and cook until the gravy thickens. ( Don’t stir after the fish is cooked, just swirl the manchatti/pan).
- Add a pinch of fenugreek powder and curry leaves. Switch off and keep the curry covered…Serve with mashed tapioca or rice…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven, Kairali T V
Adipoli meen curry,
deliciously done like the presentation
Mouth-watering curry dear….i love fish curry esp on the 2nd day…
my all time favourite
Ho,mouthwatering meen curry.especially when it's served like that..I miss that Shabbu.
Delicious…fish curry looks so inviting.
Have a lovely weekend 🙂
my favourite ..love it
delicious and tempting..
slurp…looks very tempting…
Fingerlicking fish curry..Super droolworthy.
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey
Thank you all for visiting and leaving lovely comments..
A plate of kappa and this will be a mind blogging combi.
Curry looks inviting