1 kg crab, cut into pieces
1 1/2 kg tapioca, cut into pieces
1 1/2-2 tsp turmeric powder
8-10 garlic cloves
1 big piece ginger
4-5 green chillies
few curry leaves
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2-1 tsp pepper powder
- In a manchatti/ clay pot or pan, add cleaned crabs with enough water, turmeric powder and salt and cook for few minutes.
- Add chopped tapioca into this and cook for 15-20 minutes or till done. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- In the meantime, crush shallots, green chillies, garlic and ginger and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another pan, add crushed mixture and curry leaves and saute.
- Add chilli powder and pepper powder and stir well . Remove from the flame and add this to the cooked tapioca and crab and mix well.
- Cook for few minutes in medium flame. Check the salt and adjust the spice level. Remove from flame and serve hot..
Recipe Source: Taste of Kerala, Amrita T V