1/2 kg mutton, cut into pieces
3 onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp chilli powder
3/4- 1 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp coriander seeds
4 dry red chillies
1/2 tbsp whole pepper corns
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
small piece cinnamon
6 shallots, sliced
1/4- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1-2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2-1 tbsp ghee
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add sliced onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and stir well for 2-3 minutes. Then add sliced tomatoes and cook till it turns soft.
- Add mutton pieces and salt, mix well and pressure cook till done adding enough water (about 1 1/2- 2 cup).
- Heat oil in a pan, add grated coconut, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, whole pepper corns, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, 3 shallots and 1 sprig curry leaves and fry till golden brown in low flame. Grind well without adding water and keep it aside.
- Add ground masala to the cooked mutton, add more water if required and mix well. Cook well for few minutes ( 6-10 minutes) in medium flame and remove from fire.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add 3 sliced shallots and curry leaves and fry till golden brown.
- Switch off and add pepper powder and coriander leaves. Add this to the prepared mutton curry and mix well. Serve hot……