1/2 kg beef, cut into pieces
1 tsp crushed pepper
3 big onions, chopped
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
4 medium tomatoes, blanched and peeled
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1 small capsicum, chopped
1/2 cup green peas, cooked
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup cauliflower , chopped into small florets
2 cup basmati rice
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Marinate cleaned beef pieces with crushed pepper and salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Wash and drain the rice. Keep it aside.
- Add tomatoes in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then peel off the skin and grind it to a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated beef till golden brown.
- In a pressure cooker, add the fried beef and 3- 3 1/2 cup water and cook for 2 whistle. Remove the cooked beef pieces and keep the stock (2 1/2 cup) aside.
- Heat a large thick pan and add 2 tbsp oil ( used for frying beef). Add chopped garlic and green chillies and saute.
- Add chopped onions and saute for few minutes. When it starts to change its color, add ground tomato paste and saute well. Add tomato sauce and stir well.
- Add sliced mushrooms and mix well. Then add fried beef and 2 1/2 cup beef stock ( add hot water if needed, to make it 2 1/2 cup), mix well and allow to boil.
- Add drained rice and salt and mix well. When it starts to boil, close with a tight fitting lid and cook on low flame.
- When the rice is 3/4 th cooked, add chopped carrots, capsicum, cauliflower and green peas and mix well. Cover and cook till it is done and water dries up.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Serve hot……