1/2 kg mussels/ kallummakaya, cleaned
1 cup shallots, chopped
1- 1 1/4 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/4- 1/2 cup water
2 tbsp oil
- Clean mussels and keep it aside.
- Crush grated coconut, turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala, 3-4 shallots and 2-3 curry leaves together to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped shallots and saute well.
- Add curry leaves and saute for a minute. Then add crushed coconut mixture, cleaned mussels and salt and mix well.
- Add 1/4- 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook in medium flame till done, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and stir well for few minutes till all the water dries up..Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot….