1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
1 small cauliflower, thinly sliced
4-5 onions, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp ginger- garlic paste
5-6 green chillies,crushed
2 big tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 cup mint leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2 cup basmati rice
3 cups water
2 piece cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
oil for frying
For Preparing Rice:
- Wash and drain the rice. Boil the water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and 1 sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add drained rice and saute for 4-5 minutes in a medium flame. Add boiled water and salt, cover and cook till rice is done.
- In a bowl, marinate cleaned prawns with 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Heat oil in a pan and fry it and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add sliced cauliflower, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Fry it in the same oil (used for frying prawns) till done and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan, add little oil ( used for frying) and add sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and crushed green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, mint leaves, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Then add fried prawns and cauliflowers and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix well…
- Add cooked rice on top of the prepared prawns- cauliflower masala.
- Mix little yellow food color with lemon juice and sprinkle over the rice. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp ghee, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Close with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…..