Recipe Source: Spicy Treats
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup tutti frutti/ candied fruit
1-2 tbsp milk
- In a mixing bowl, add softened butter and powdered sugar and beat until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and stir well. Then add flour and mix well.
- Now add the tutti frutti and mix well and using milk knead it to a soft dough. The dough should be slightly sticky but firm enough to hold its shape.
- Roll the dough into a log and wrap it in a cling wrap and freeze it for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celcius.
- Remove the dough log from freezer and cut into 5 mm thick slices or roll it into slightly thick rounds and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking paper, leaving some space between them.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool…Store in an air tight container..