250 gm potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
100 gm drumsticks, cut into 2″ pieces
1 tomato, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
2 green chillies, slit
1 piece ginger, crushed
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
3/4-1 tsp garam masala
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
chopped coriander leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute well.
- Then add coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add chopped potatoes, drumsticks,salt and little water and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
- Open the lid, add coconut milk and garam masala and then boil well till the gravy thickens.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Pour this over the prepared curry and add few chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Serve hot…
simple n delicious curry….
My all time fav, love it sis…
Simple & tasty with hot rice and pappad.
I just love drumsticks. My neighbor's tree is bearing so many of them but I dare not ask. I didn't know that drumsticks can be found in Perth. Its a beautiful dish and when I can find the sticks, I shall try your version of curry.
I used frozen drumsticks for this, but it looks and tastes like fresh drumsticks (bought from Kerala shop from here)…
good one to go with rice…
Thank you dear friends….
i love his curry… very much..