2 cups jeerakashala/ kaima rice
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 egg (optional)
2 finely chopped onions
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp oil
- Soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours.
- Cook chicken with l /4 tsp pepper powder, 1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder and salt. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Grind drained rice with coconut milk, egg and salt to a thick smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute well.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add shredded chicken and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and chopped coriander leaves and saute well till dry.
- Grease idli plates and add 1 spoon prepared chicken masala in each idli plate.
- Pour batter on top of it and steam cook till done.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool and then serve..