3 semi ripe plantains/ nendrapazham
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cashew nuts
2 tsp raisins
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
oil for frying
- Cut the bananas/ plantains into pieces and steam cook until it turns soft.
- Remove its skin and mash/ grind into smooth dough without adding water.
- In a bowl, mix egg and sugar.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins.
- Add egg mixture and cardamom powder and scramble it well. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Now oil the palm lightly and take a small ball of banana dough and flatten it on your palm.
- Place a spoon of egg filling in the middle, seal the edges and roll it in your hands into the shape of cotton pod/ unnakkaya.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prepared unnakkaya till golden color…Serve with tea or coffee 🙂