2 cups basmati rice/ jeerakashala rice
4 cups water
1 onion , finely chopped
1 large tomato, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
2 small pieces of cinnamon
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4-5 tbsp ghee
2 tsp oil
- Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves and saute until transparent.
- Add water and salt and when it starts to boil, add drained rice and mix well.
- Cover and cook till rice is done in medium flame.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well till soft.
- Add this tomato mixture over the cooked rice and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with any curry…..
Recipe Source: Manoramaonline