2/3 cup plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup ground almonds/ almond meal
1/3 cup or 5 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar, powdered
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Sift together plain flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add ground almonds and sifted flour mixture and make a soft dough and wrap it in a cling/ plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Remove and roll out the dough into 1/2 ” thickness and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place an almond on top of each cut out cookie.
- Then place them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking paper, leaving some space between them.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 170 degree celcius for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place to cool on a wire rack…Store in an air tight container…
Recipe adapted from Sailu’s Kitchen