1 1/2 cup all purpose flour / plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1- 1 1/4 cup sugar
115 gm unsalted butter
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
food colours – red, orange, yellow, green and blue
- Preheat oven to 190 degree celcius. Grease 9 inch cake pan with butter and dust it with flour.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another large bowl, add butter and sugar and beat well till the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and gently fold with a spatula.
- Divide the batter in different bowls, depending on number of colours ( Here I used five colours – blue, green, yellow, orange and red). Add few drops of each colour in each bowl and mix well.
- Drop the coloured batter, one by one, into the middle of the prepared cake pan – blue , green, yellow, orange and red.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. For frosting,I used Buttercream Icing and garnished with M &M’s and sugar sprinkles.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve….