10 okra/ vendakka / ladies finger, chopped into pieces
1 raw mango / pacha manga , chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 green chilly, slit
1 tsp ginger, chopped
50 gm shallots, chopped
1 cup grated coconut
2 small piece kudampuli / gambooge
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 cup water
- Chop vendakka, mango, tomato, green chilli, ginger and shallots and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Add chopped vegetables, turmeric powder, chilli powder, kudampuli and salt and mix well for few minutes.
- Then add 1 cup water and cook on medium flame until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add ground coconut paste and mix well for 2-3 minutes and remove from flame…
- Garnish with fried shallots and curry leaves and serve hot with rice….