2 cups strawberries, washed and chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
- In a saucepan, add chopped strawberries, sugar and lime juice and bring to boil on medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and continuously stir till the strawberries become pulpy and soft.
- Keep cooking till the mixture thickens and when it reaches the proper spreadable consistency, switch off the flame and allow the jam to cool….
- Transfer the jam on to a sterile air tight bottle and refrigerate….
- To check the consistency of the jam, take a plate out of the freezer ( freeze a plate for 15-20 minutes) and drop small quantity of jam on it. Tilt the plate and if the jam stays on the plate, then it is set, but if it is runny, then cook further till the consistency is reached…