1/2 kg king fish/ ayakoora
1 big onion, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
3-4 green chillies, slit
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, crushed
small lemon sized tamarind
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil ( coconut oil )
- Clean and cut the fish into pieces and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of warm water , extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or manchatti / clay pot and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add sliced onion and green chillies and saute well until transparent.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Reduce the flame and add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato and saute until soft.
- Then add tamarind water and salt and cook for 3 minutes in low flame. Add 1 cup of hot water to this, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cleaned fish pieces and cook covered for 8-10 minutes on medium flame until the gravy thickens..
- Finally add 1 tsp of coconut oil and few curry leaves on top. Switch off the flame and keep covered for at least 1 hour before serving…..
Ohhh kandittu thannee kothiyavunnuu…..
This looks so tasty!
Aa color kandittu thanne pathiriyum kootti kazhikkaan thonunnu… yum…