1/2 kg fish
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 big garlic cloves, chopped
1 ” piece ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, slit
2 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups of thick coconut milk
2-3 pieces kudampuli/ gambooge
few curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Clean and cut the fish into pieces and keep it aside.
- Soak kudampuli in 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute till transparent. Add ginger and green chillies and saute well.
- Reduce the flame and add coriander powder, chilli powder, pepper powder and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add chopped tomato, kudampuli , one cup of water , one cup coconut milk and salt and boil till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the cleaned fish pieces and the remaining 1 cup of coconut milk and cook on low flame till done and the gravy becomes thick.
- Add few curry leaves on top and switch off the flame. Keep covered till ready to serve….
nalla meen curry, love the way you have used a thorthu as ur prop 🙂
delicious looking meen curry… 🙂