Today’s recipe is a healthy and nutritious puttu prepared by using sprouted green grams…
1 cup sprouted green gram/ mulappicha cherupayar
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 cup puttu podi
1 cup grated coconut
- Cook sprouted green gram adding turmeric powder and salt for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
- Mix little salt in water and add this water little by little to the puttupodi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- To prepare puttu, take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then 2-3 tbsp sprouted green gram and then the puttupodi as the third layer. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Transfer the prepared healthy puttu in a plate and serve hot..