10 Idiyappams ( I used instant idiyappams)
1/2 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
2 large onions, thinly sliced
4 green chillies
1 piece ginger
7 garlic cloves
1 big tomato, chopped
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
3 tbsp mint leaves
3/4-1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp ghee
- Cook chicken with chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt adding enough water and keep it aside.
- Crush ginger, garlic and green chillies together to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add sliced onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, 1/2 tsp garam masala, cooked chicken pieces and salt and mix well.
- Then add shredded idiyappams, 1/4- 1/2 tsp garam masala, and a pinch of yellow colour/saffron mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix well for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot…
Something different and innovative !
very nice 🙂 never heard of this bfr
healthy and interesting idiyappam..yummy!