1 cup urad dal
1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
few coriander leaves
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Soak urad dal in water for 3 hours.
- Grind the soaked urad dal with salt adding little water to a thick smooth paste.
- Add the chopped cabbage, onion,ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves to the ground urad dal paste and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and scoop the dal mixture using a scoop spoon or drop using a spoon and fry it till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with coconut chutney….
Recipe adapted from here..