2 cup boneless chicken pieces
1 big onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp lime juice
3-4 slit green chillies
few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate it with 2 tsp kasmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, lime juice, 1/2 tsp garam masala and salt and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and add marinated chicken pieces and shallow fry / tawa fry it. Add 2 slit green chillies and few curry leaves to this and fry it in the low flame till chicken is cooked.
- In the meantime, heat little oil in another pan and add sliced onion, 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 slit green chillies, few curry leaves and salt and saute well till light brown.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Reduce the flame and add 1/4-1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder,1/4 tsp pepper powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp garam masala and mix well.
- Remove it from flame and add this masala to the cooked chicken (in the other pan) and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Wilt the banana leaf and place the prepared chicken masala in the centre and hold all the edges of the banana leaf together like a kizhi and tie the top edge of the kizhi tightly using a thread or with a banana leaf stem fiber.
- Place this chicken kizhi in the steamer and steam cook for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot…
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste………