15 vendakka / okra/ ladies finger
1 cup grated coconut
3 garlic cloves, chopped
5 shallots, sliced
1 1/4 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 big tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Wash and cut okra into pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add grated coconut, chopped garlic and shallots and roast until brown.
- Then add coriander powder and kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Remove it from flame and grind this roasted coconut to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves. Add chopped okra and saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions to this and saute well till transparent.
- Then add ground coconut paste, thinly sliced tomatoes, 1 1/2 cup water and salt and cook well till tomatoes turns soft and cooked.
- When the gravy thickens, add fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Remove it from flame and serve hot with rice….
Vendakka curry looks very delicious
healthy n yummy curry
Vendakka thakkali curry looks delicious.