1/2 cup roasted rice flour / white puttupodi
1/2 cup roasted ragi flour / ragi puttupodi
1/2 cup wheat flour/ wheat puttupodi
3/4 cup grated coconut
water as required
- Take the rice flour, ragi flour and wheat flour in 3 separate bowls and add a pinch of salt in each bowl.
- Add water little by little in each bowl and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist. Keep it aside.
- Take a puttu maker and add 1 tbsp of grated coconut first, then add the wheat flour followed by rice flour and then finally layer with ragi flour. Sprinkle some grated coconut on top. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve with kadala curry or any curry of your choice…