2 cups basmati rice
1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/2 cup beans, finely chopped
3 onions, sliced
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
6-8 cashew nuts
few coriander leaves
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp oil
1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- Cook chicken with little pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Wash the basmati rice and drain it. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and saute crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add sliced 2 onions, chopped green chillies, beans, cabbage and carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes adding salt.
- Add shredded chicken and chopped tomato and mix well.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water and cook till all the water is absorbed. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp ghee and 1 1/2 tbsp oil in another pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- Add 1 small sliced onion and fry till golden and keep it aside. Mix the fried onions, cashew nuts and raisins with coriander leaves and 1/4 tsp garam masala for garnishing.
- In the same pan, add 4 cups of water and when it starts to boil, add drained rice and salt and cook covered till done on low flame.
- When the rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed, add the chicken-veg masala and 1/4 tsp garam masala and mix well.
- Transfer the rice to a serving plate and garnish with mix of fried onions, cashew nuts, raisins, and coriander leaves…Serve hot…
looks very delicious 🙂
Tempting n delicious chicken rice………… 🙂