1 cup fine rice flour/ appam podi
1 cup semolina/ rava
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
- In a blender, add the grated coconut and cooked rice and grind together to a fine paste.
- In a bowl, mix this ground paste with rice flour and rava adding enough water.
- Add the instant yeast, sugar and salt to this, mix well and make a batter of idli batter consistency.
- Keep this batter aside to ferment for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a non stick tawa /pan on medium flame, apply little oil if needed and pour a small ladleful of batter and make small round/ appam.
- Flip over to the other side after a minute and cook until it turns light brown. Remove the appam from the pan and repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with any spicy curry of your choice….
Recipe Source: Taste of Kerala