250 gm prawns, cleaned
3 tsp ginger, crushed
3 tsp garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of pepper powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 cup onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1/2 cup gram flour
1 tbsp plain flour/ maida
1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)
salt to taste
- In a pan or manchatti, add cleaned prawns with 1 tsp crushed ginger, 1 tsp crushed garlic, 1 tsp chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, a pinch of pepper powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Then cook it covered on medium flame adding about 1/2 cup of water . When cooked, remove it from pan and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in another pan and add finely chopped onion, 2 tsp crushed ginger, 2 tsp crushed garlic, chopped green chillies , curry leaves and salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked prawns to this and mix well for 2 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add plain flour, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and baking soda to this and mix well with a spoon.
- Then add gram flour little by little and mix well to form a medium thick batter by adding 1-2 tbsp water ( or as required). Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop each prawn with little batter and fry it on medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve hot with tea ..