1 cup basmati rice
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp celery, finely chopped
2 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup green capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 cup orange capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 cup red capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 cup yellow capsicum, finely chopped
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp butter
- Wash the rice and cook in a deep pan adding enough water and salt till done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add crushed garlic and saute it till lightly brown.
- Add chopped onion, spring onion and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add chopped capsicums and saute for 1-2 minutes. Don’t overcook the capsicums.
- Add cooked rice and enough salt to this and mix / toss well for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with any spicy veg or non-veg curry….
I can just dig a spoon in and eat it just like that… so tiny you have cut the capsicum! 🙂
Love the colours….grilled bell papers tastes amazing
such a colourful rice, delicious