1 cup kaima rice/ jeerakashala rice/ basmati rice
250 gm prawns, cleaned
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp ginger, chopped
6 big garlic cloves, chopped
2-3 green chillies, slit
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp oil
4-5 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves and saute.
- Add drained rice to this and saute for 2-3 minutes in low-medium flame. To this add 2 cups of boiling water and salt and cook till rice is done. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add masala paste ( step 4 ) to this and mix well.
- When oil starts to seperate, add cleaned prawns and salt and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame and remove from flame.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp ghee in a large thick bottomed pan and add sliced onions and saute well till golden brown.
- Add prepared prawns masala to this and saute well till all the water dries up.
- Then add cooked ghee rice and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame . Remove from flame and serve hot with raita and pickle…