3 plantains/ nendrapazham
3/4 cup grated coconut
3-4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
1 tbsp raisins
1/ 4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
1/2-3/4 cup plain flour
1 tbsp rice flour (optional)
2 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
oil for frying
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew nuts and raisins till golden.
- Add grated coconut and 3-4 tbsp sugar to this and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame and allow them to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together plain flour, rice flour, 2 tbsp sugar and salt and make a smooth thick batter adding enough water.
- Peel the plantains and make a slit lengthwise in the middle of each plantain until the centre. Carefully remove the black seeds without breaking ends.
- Then fill / stuff each plantain with the prepared coconut filling.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame. Dip the stuffed plantain in the batter and deep fry them till they turn golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel..Serve with tea….